I love how mint is the first green thing to start peeping through in the garden signaling the coming of spring! It is so welcome after the dullness of winter, by May the mint bed is producing abundantly and I am hard pressed to keep up! Some people don’t appreciate how hard of a worker the mint is. I do. It keeps itself, it is one of the easiest plants there is. It is both cooling and refreshing.
In Morocco, mint tea is a symbol of hospitality.
There are many health benefits to mint and mint tea latte is a great way to enjoy them!
If you don’t have a huge patch of mint, you should work on that! In the meantime, you can beg off a neighbor, or purchase from a local farmer. You need a lot for this drink, a huge handful, not the little pinch they give you in the supermarket in the tiny package in the produce section!
SO easy to make and so very refreshing, you’ll want ALL THE MINT so you can make this every day. The kids are a big fan, it also makes a great icee.
This latte is creamy, light, and cooling. It packs a powerful zing, great for an afternoon pick-me- up!
1 cup of whole milk, half and half, or cream
Ice and/ or cold water
Put your mint in a quart jar.
Pour boiling water over it, to cover. Let steep, covered, for 10 to 30 minutes.
then fill with ice water, leaving room at the top to add your milk or cream.
Add the cream or milk.
Serve extremely cold.
- One large handful of Mint
- Boiling water to cover
- 1/2 C. Honey or other natural sweetener
- 1 C. Milk, cream, or half and half
- Place mint in a quart size jar, it should fill it loosely.
- Pour the boiling water over the top and cover.
- Let steep for 10-30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a half gallon jar or pitcher.
- Add iced water to almost the top.
- Add the milk, cream, or half and half.
- Enjoy 🙂